First Baptist Church, Hampton SC
Friday, November 17, 2017
A Family Church, Building a Community of Grace
Search this site.View the site map.
Visit us on Facebook.

 

The Staff


 

 


 

    Pastor  Emerson Wiles

Has been called as transitional pastor of Hampton First Baptist Church. He is a graduate of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and pastored churches in Tennessee and Hawaii for 29 years before retiring in 2011. He previously was transitional pastoral at Moncks Corner First Baptist Church.

Wiles and his wife, Mary, have been married for 47 years. They have four children and six grandchildren.

 Contact: ewiles1@yahoo.com

 

 
 
 

 Sheila Platts   

    Has served as Administrative Assistant since 1989.  She is a native  of Hampton County and has two children,  Elizabeth and Cameron.

 

       Contact: sheila@firstbaptisthampton.org

 
 
 
 

Robin Holley

Has served as church pianist since 1994. She is a music teacher in the public school system. She and her husband Jim have two children, Maureen and Keely.

 
 

 

 

 

Linda Sanders

Became the Church Organist in 2017. She is a native of Hampton County With her husband Bill.

 
 

                                                     Greg Robertson       

                                Yard Custodian general maintenance.               

 

                                                           Brenda Simon         

                                          Provides our cleaning/custodial service.

 

 
 

Our History

 
The First Baptist Church of Hampton was founded in 1880. It was located at Hoover's Station (now a part of Hampton) and thus called Hoover's Baptist Church. By 1881 it was the Hampton Baptist Church and in 1961 it officially became The First Baptist Church according to the Charter of Incorporation granted by the Secretary of the State of South Carolina.
Our church is a direct descendant of The First Baptist Church of Charleston, South Carolina, the oldest Baptist church in the South. The Charleston church gave birth to The Beaufort Baptist Church, which gave birth to Lawtonville Baptist Church, which gave birth to Sand Hill Baptist Church, which served as the mother church to our new congregation.

Twenty-seven ministers have served our church as pastor.

 For more information on our early history including pictures, please click photo:
 
CLICK ME